Monday, July 23, 2018

Upper Mustang, Nepal Gallery Is Available




Chhusang, Upper Mustang


Finally, after almost one year, the gallery of selected photographs from my tour there in October/November is completed and available for viewing on my photography website.


Upper Mustang is the most beautiful place that I have ever visited.  It is definitely a "place less visited".  In many places there is no road to get there ... you just follow tire tracks across the the rock strewn floor of the Kali Gandaki River Gorge.  There is truly "Freedom of the Road".

I am returning to Upper Mustang for the Yartung Festival in the capital of Lo Manthang.  This time I will be traveling only with my wife.  Returning falls in line with my philosophy of traveling to special places to start to understand them after the initial visit to learn of them.

This trip during the monsoon season as well as for a horse festival will over some different photography opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment