Friday, January 9, 2009


Monday, August 25, 2008
OK May Yi Son (Allen Come Back to Thailand)

In a previous blog entry, I wrote about a song that Duang's brother wrote and performs about me.

Today I have changed the music for MySpace to be the song that he wrote.

The song is titled "OK May Yi Son" or that is how I intepret and angolize the spelling.

The lyrics, so I am told, say that or roughly says ...

My sister has a falang (foreign) boyfriend

My mother doesn't understand English.She is very happy and likes him very much.

She wants to go to the airport in Bangkok to greet her daughter's boyfriend when he comes back to Thailand.

Momma doesn't understand airports.

She wants cars to stop but all she can say is "OK, OK"

Momma tells people that she wants to go to the airport to greet her daughter's boyfriend.

People ask Momma what is her daughter's boyfriend's name?
She tell's them "Allen"

My sister calls Momma to go to the airport now to get Allen, he comes back to Thailand now.

People tease Momma "Do you understand airport?"

But she only understands "OK OK Lao"

She goes to the airport and can only say "Ok Allen OK"

The song is played on local radio stations and he performs it as part of his shows.

His website is www.myspace.com/pohnjahlonparket

There are three songs on it now and I understand that three more will be added soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment